Monday, June 20, 2011

King of Glory, King of Peace

TUNE I: GWALCHMAI









TUNE II: GENERAL SEMINARY















King of glory, King of peace,

I will love thee;

and that love may never cease,

I will move thee.

Thou hast granted my request,

thou hast heard me;

thou didst note my working breast,

thou hast spared me.



Wherefore with my utmost art

I will sing thee,

and the cream of all my heart

I will bring thee.

Though my sins against me cried,

thou didst clear me;

and alone, when they replied,

thou didst hear me.



Seven whole days, not one in seven,

I will praise thee;

in my heart, though not in heaven,

I can raise thee.

Small it is, in this poor sort

to enroll thee:

e'en eternity's too short

to extol thee.



Words: George Herbert (1633)

Tune I: GWALCHMAI, 74.74D

Tune II: GENERAL SEMINARY, 74.74D (by David Charles Walker)

No comments:

Post a Comment