Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Here and Now

This weekend has been wonderful. Brett and I haven't had to go to school
or work, which has been great. We have been able to take a break from our busy
schedules and really enjoy each others company.
 Whether it be small errands or just cuddled up on the couch watching a cheesy
 Christmas hallmark movie, Brett and I always have a fun time together.

As we have spent time together this weekend, something stuck me. 
It seems as though lately I have found myself babbling about
our picture perfect life......in the future.
You know, wanting one of those pretty houses -
our future jobs, kids, residence etc. etc.
As if I have it so rough.

Brett mostly remains quiet when I start to daydream about our future.
However last week, he said something that really hit me. 
He calmly and simply and said,
"I hope you are happy with your life now. 
We have so much to be happy about."

Although his words were few, it seemed like
 many as they repeatedly flash in my mind.
 Uncharacteristically, I looked at him and thought - you are absolutely right!
From the time I was a little girl I have always been seeking for the next step. 
Sure, it helps you reach your goals and push yourself further.
But when it comes to my personal life, 
I seem to look to the next moment rather than enjoying the here and now.

Time never stands still. There is no going back. 
Stresses will come into our lives regardless of our circumstances.


"Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey,
 and share our love with family and friends. 
One day each of us will run out of tomorrows."
Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment