Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I have been quite excited lately!
 For Christmas I asked Brett for a sewing machine.
 Do I sew? No. Do I even know how? Not really. 
Growing up, my mom has taught me that double 
stick tape can fix anything:). 
Anyways, lately I have really wanted to take up sewing.
 I didn't think there was anyway Brett would get 
me a machine for Christmas,
 (due to my background with sewing, or lack there of),
 but boy, did he really surprise me! 

It has been a blast playing around with the new machine. 
So far I have made a really cute new scarf, and a some
 really cute pillows for my couch (I am a LOVER of fun 
and random pillows).I was especially proud of my "A" pillow. 
The backing is a cute chocolate corduroy and the front is a nice
 soft linen. I actually cut out the "A" myself out of a
 nice felt-like material, and stitched it on the the front of the pillow.
 Not bad for a beginner if I do say so myself!
 I am looking forward to a lot of fun little projects in the next little bit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment