Saturday, November 17, 2012

Young Women Gratitude Goodies

I just love everything about the Thanksgiving season. 
The food. The changing colors. The food. The crisp air. Did I mention food?
Okay, okay--- while the food the food is a close second, 
I think my most favorite thing about the Thanksgiving season is the focus of gratitude.
As I started to think about this holiday season some of the things that I have been the most grateful for,
I couldn't help but think how grateful I am for the opportunities
 I have had in my life to interact with young women.
Sure sometimes it can be a little stressful,
but I would not trade my memories or experiences for anything in the world.

I was recently challenged to show my gratitude more openly towards 
the people who have had a large impact on my life. 
I decided to make these little popcorn goody bags for each of the young women with a little heart-felt note.

I think they turned out pretty cute, so feel free to use and share!
I decided to fill the bags with caramel popcorn.
I used my mom's famous recipe. Seriously--- it's to die for.

1 can sweet and condensed milk
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup corn syrup
fresh popped popcorn
--------
Cook until soft stage.
Drizzle over popcorn

I found these cute little bags with a little window in them at Pebbles in my Pocket. 
I filled the bags with the caramel popcorn, added some pattern paper, twine and ribbon, 
and topped them off with a little tag I made. 










No comments:

Post a Comment