Monday, October 21, 2013

The Importance of Self-Reliance

As I have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little one, 
I have been enjoying myself and passing the time by reading next month's young women "Come Follow Me" lesson outlines!
The overall focus of the month is "Spiritual & Temporal Self-Reliance".
The talks that correlate to the lesson outlines are wonderful and must reads!
I feel like the messages are so important, and felt grateful for the inspiration I personally received, 
especially as I prepare to be a soon-to-be mom!
(only 2 weeks people - 2 weeks!)

I decided to get a head start on creating some fun handouts and lesson helps to spark some inspiration!
The handouts below directly coordinate to the lesson outline...

Feel free to print off , share, and use for your lessons!

You can download a PDF copy of the handouts and lesson helps by clicking on the links below.
I only provide PDF files, as the quality is much better for printing purposes
and I prefer the integrity of the designs not be changed or altered. Thanks for your understanding!



GROWING IN SELF-RELIANCE GOAL SETTING WORKSHEET
For a PDF download of the worksheet CLICK HERE

Those who know me know that I am a goal setting fanatic!
So of course as I read the lesson outline for "What does it mean to be self-reliant",
I found myself scribbling down goals for the different temporal and spiritual categories.
After I finished, I thought this could be a fun activity for a lesson 
or even challenge to send home with the young women.

The outline emphasizes different areas where we should strive to become more "self-reliant".
Above is a worksheet that includes each of those categories.
Time could be spent studying and pondering each of the categories.
After reviewing the importance of temporal and spiritual preparedness, time could be spent setting personal goals. 
This worksheet could then be placed somewhere as a simple reminder/checklist of our goal to become more self-reliant.




TEMPORAL & SPIRITUAL HANDOUT
For a PDF download of the handout (4 to a page) CLICK HERE

I also really loved this quote from President Marion G. Romney,
because he puts such an emphasis on not only the importance of temporal preparedness,
 but also spiritual preparedness.


No comments:

Post a Comment