Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bark for Life - American Cancer Society

Today my daughter April and I joined the American Cancer Society 1st Annual "Bark for Life" walk and I think it was a big success and if I get the chance I'll definitely do it again next year!

There were so many beautiful dogs there and dog people are just the nicest bunch of people ever! The walk was held at Yokuts Park which sits on the edge of the mighty Kern River. In this first mosaic I put a couple of pictures of the river. It's really full and flowing right now because of all the rain and run-off from the snow in the mountains. It was a beautiful, sunny, windy spring day. I even got a little bit of a sunburn!

Here's Chorizo and me in the top right and April and Chorizo in the bottom left.


Chorizo took third prize in the costume contest. She was dressed as a Sundae...a Chorizo Sundae! Here's some random pictures of all the people and their doggies!


It was a lot of fun and hopefully there was a lot of money raised!

Please visit all the other mosaics by clicking HERE and visiting Mary at Little Red House for Mosaic Monday!


Also linking up to Susan at A Southern Daydreamer for Outdoor Wednesday.



*****JUST AN UPDATE, I HEARD ON THE NEWS THAT OVER $10,000 WAS RAISED!!! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment