Thursday, October 4, 2012

Just for me...

Man it's just felt like one of THOSE weeks.
Nothing seems to be going right.
The universe is working against me. 
yadda, yadda, yadda.

As I was driving to work this morning, just thinking about my week, it hit me...
I was suffering from the "poor me" syndrome...

I am slowly realizing how stresses come into my life regardless of my circumstances.

Of course we must deal with those stresses the best we can--- 
but not let them get in the way of the things that are so much more important.

On my break at work today, I decided to read a past talk from President Monson.
President Monson stated...

"Our realization of what is most important in life 
goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings."

Kind of loved that quote. 
Simple, but so true, isn't it?

As I read it, it was a real eye-opener for me. 
What am I focusing on in life?
I have to admit--- as of late probably not the things I should be. 
It made me realize how good life is. 
How many wonderful blessings I receive on a minute by minute basis.
How recognizing those blessings...well...
THAT is what gives me purpose and joy in life.

Today I am JUST grateful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment