Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Iwanna Wednesday - Iwanna Spring to get here already!

This past weekend I worked on my front flower beds. These poor flower beds have been so neglected for the past two years their filled with grass and weeks. But this year I intend to do something about it.

So we weeded and turned over the dirt and I made a plan that what Iwanna do is put down rock or brick. Then on top of the rock or brick Iwanna put some big pots, like these. . .

This looks almost like what Iwanna, see the brick underneath? Iwanna fill the pots with seasonal plants and then in the winter fill them with artificial flowers so I have color all year round.

I'm not sure Iwanna them this close together though because what today's Iwanna post is about is about decorative little statues to display between the pots. Let me show you when I've found and you tell me what you think.

First I love this one. This one probably wouldn't work with the brick, but maybe with the rock if I piled the rock just right? But then the poor little guy might not be as comfortable as he seems to me in all this lovely greenery.

I think having decorative stepping stones between the pots might be nice too. Something like this fairy stepping stone.



I think you're all going to love this one best. I really like it alot as well. The Mama Hen and her Baby Chicks are so sweet. I wonder if these would get stolen from my front yard? Not that I live in a bad neighborhood, but still...those things happen.




I'm debating on whether I would want this one in my garden or in my kitchen or maybe on my desk at work? I do love gnomes though don't you?

Now this one is just stinking cute! Iwanna this one for sure, if I can find it. I especially love the butterfly on top...I'm kind of a butterfly girl. This one is probably my favorite.



I'm not a big Frog fan although I had a dear friend that was nuts about them and had millions everywhere! But what I like about this one is the See no Evil, Hear no Evil, Speak no Evil. Great message, don't  you think?



Ok, these next two are just for fun...but I just couldn't resist. I really like this one. Would I like it in my garden? Hmmm, maybe in the back, but definitely not in the front...although it might keep solicitors away right?
 

And this one is just too funny and unique for words...a bed in the flowers. A flower bed...get it? Of course you do, you're such a smart bunch.


Well that's it. I'm hoping to look around at more ideas this weekend and once I have my flower bed finished you can be sure I will post pictures.

I don't know when that will be as it rained again today and we expect rain at the end of the week. But we need the rain in this valley, so we really shouldn't complain.

Which one do you like best? Do you have a garden statue? An Angel maybe or some deer? Some hot pink Flamingos? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment