Monday, July 9, 2012



Okay so this is going to seem like a sappy post.... but I just can't help it!
I love this this man SO much. How lucky I am to have him in my life.
Today he turned 24 years old. 

I don't claim to be any expert on love--- I am still very young and am learning a lot.
So far, love seems to be a journey.
 I am learning that when you love someone(i am talking about pure and selfless love)...
 it changes you.

Brett, I wanted to take a second to let you know just how much you have meant to me in my life. 
 I can't tell you how much loving you has changed me. 
You are such an example to me and teach me things on a daily 
basis that make me want to be a better wife, friend, and person. 

lessons i have learned from loving you...

________________________________________

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything...
they make the best of everything.

Let's face it..It's really easy to focus on the negative--- 
I hate it, but sometimes when things don't go according to plan, I can start to feel overwhelmed. 
Brett, this is one of the greatest things I have come to love and learn from you.
You have taught me that there is positive in everything. 
No matter the circumstances, you can always see a light at the other side of the tunnel. 
You help me to find the joy in the journey when it seems the most unlikely.
You have helped me to see the sweet and simple moments in life.
You have taught me to cherish every moment and not let time slip away. 
I love this about you. 
I love that this has become a part of who I am. 
________________________________________

lose yourself and go to work.

I have always loved this missionary motto and I always thought I understood what it meant--- 
Boy did I have more to learn. 
Brett you have broadened my vision of what it means to serve selflessly and go to work for the Lord. 

1) You are so passionate about your callings. I am so grateful that you have a desire to serve
Heavenly Father and to build His kingdom. I have learned from you what it means to put the 
Lord FIRST. Not only are you focused on your current callings, but our FUTURE callings. I have always admired that you think about what we can do NOW to continue to serve the Lord in the future. I truly love this about you. You have taught me that "going to work" for the Lord is not a short-term endeavor, but a life long and daily journey.

2) You also have taught me that one of the best ways we can "go to work" for the Lord and show Him our love is by serving others. I have never once heard your complain or gripe about helping someone out. You know that you would instantly drop everything you were doing to help someone in need. Watching you selflessly serve others around you has taught me what true charity is all about. It's about sacrifice... it's about love. 

I am grateful that I have learned to serve more fully by loving you. 
________________________________________

a great man is always willing to be little.

I always thought humility was a weakness. I have learned from you it is a strength. 
No matter how successful you are, no matter how many accomplishments you have received 
(and there have been a NUMBER, let me tell you)--- you are so humble.
You have always been so grounded and have never seen a need to flaunt your successes.
You recognize your talents as blessings.
I think this speaks so loud of you and your character.
You make me want to be that much better of a person. 
________________________________________

provident living.

Although I may not always seem like it, I am so grateful for your "accountant mind".
You have helped me to learn what "provident living" is all about. 
Growing up I always had one thing on my mind---spending, spending, spending.
I love that you have been able to teach me that there are more important things in life.
You have opened my eyes to the significance of saving and 
determining the difference between "want" and "need", 
I love the teamwork we have learned from deciding we would never go into debt.
I love setting worthwhile financial goals together and working to achieve them. 
Honestly, as petty and simple as it may sound, it has made me a better person.
________________________________________


the difference between the possible and impossible is determination.

I love that you are always pushing yourself... and that you are always pushing me!
Brett, in everything you do you give your whole heart. 
I love that you have shown me anything is possible if you put your mind to it. 
I love that I have learned from you I should dare to dream--- that I am capable of anything.
I love your work ethic and determination for success.
It drives me to want to be a better person and work towards reaching my potential.
________________________________________


i am the daughter of a King.

By far this is THE MOST important thing I have learned from loving you.
You have shown me that I am special. That I am eternally loved.
Not only by you, but by a perfect Heavenly Father. 
There are so many reasons I know this...

I know this by the way you look at me.
I know this from the way you talk to me. 
I know this from the way you hold me when I cry.
I know this from the spirit that I feel when you share your testimony with me. 
I know this by the way you honor your priesthood. 
I know this from the way you tell me you love me. 
_______________________________________

I am truly the luckiest girl alive. 
As I mentioned before---love changes.
Your love has changed me. 
Words can't express how grateful I am for you in my life Brett.
You are my rock. My best pal. My everything.

Happy Birthday Brett. 
I love you. 








No comments:

Post a Comment