Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's Raining Men

What can I say? I am such a lucky girl. 
I have been overwhelmed with the great influence of righteous 
and worthy men in my life from the time I was young. 
I know I have talked about these individuals before,
 but I wanted to take just a second to write out my feelings
 and gratitude towards these exemplary men. 
Without them, I wouldn't be who I am today. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Craig W. Cosgrove
This man is everything to me. 
Ever since I was a little girl, I have looked up to him. 
Words can't express how grateful I am for him and his influence in my life.

Dad, you have always seen the best in me. You continually believe in me. 
You see things in me, that I might have never known I was capable of. 
You have never allowed me to cut myself short.
You have always offered constant support and unconditional love.  
I can't think of a dance recital or school event that I couldn't look 
out into the crowd and see you there...smiling at me... so proud of me. 
I have always known that you were my biggest fan. 
You have always seen the potential in me that I might not have always seen myself. 

 You have always been there to offer me the best advice. 
Even though I may not always act like it, I value your opinions more than anyone I know. 
And {although I hate to stroke your ego} you are one of the funniest people I know.

You have always been there to comfort me---
Whether it be if I had fallen down and hurt myself, 
or met me at 2 am at Denny's after I having my heart broken,
 or giving me  hug when I was in the MTC and needed it most... 
you have ALWAYS been there for me Dad. 

You have taught me to love.
 You have taught me to be an example to others around me.
 You have taught me that I am capable of great things.
You have taught me that I am of great worth.
Dad you will always be my greatest hero.
 I will always be your little princess. I love you. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brett Gregory Aitken
Unfortunately Brett and I are on opposite sides of North America this week.
Oh how I am longing to be with him today.
As I have mentioned numerous times, Brett is my rock. He is my best friend. 
And one day, he is going to make one wonderful father.
How do I know?

I have always been a Daddy's girl through and through.
It was incredibly important for me to find a husband and father like him.
I'll never forget a particular Sunday when Brett took me to his ward 
for one of the first times since being engaged.
It may sound odd - but as he introduced me I could tell he saw me the way my Dad does.
He saw things in me that I didn't see in myself.
It was then that I knew that Brett was going to be an incredible Father.

Brett is a peacemaker, he is so sincere and thoughtful of others,
 he is my comforter, he is a hard worker, he is a spiritual giant 
But most importantly he always chooses to see the good in others.
Just like my Dad, he saw it in me.
And I know he will see it in our little ones.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Gary Aitken
How blessed am I to have a second father that loves me so much. 
I am so grateful for this man. 
He has taught me so much about what it means to serve selflessly and willingly. 

As I was dating Brett, I loved when he would talk about his father. 
I could always tell how special his example was to Brett in his life...
 how he wanted to emulate his character...
how he desired to be just like him one day. 
I can see now how the decisions Brett makes in his daily life,
 the reason he does the things he does, 
is a direct correlation of his respect and admiration for his father. 
Brett could not have chosen a better example. 

As I have become closer to this man I have learned so much from his quiet example. 
He is so successful, but then again, one of the most humble men I have ever met. 
He has such a love for service and makes a constant effort to show love to others around him. 

His greatest happiness comes from 
seeing his loved ones happy. 
In my mind, there is no greater example of charity and love. 

Gary, thank you so much for your example. I feel overwhelmed by your love. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ronald M. Cosgrove
I cannot talk about the influence of the men and fathers in my
 life without talking about my grandfather, my Pumpa. 

This man has always been one of the people I look up to the most. 
He has had an impact on SO many peoples lives, and I love him for it. 
He has left a legacy unlike any other.  
He has reached out to so many people and touched so many hearts.

This man is SO full of love. He embodies the idea of selfless service and true charity. 
He is a devoted husband, father, and grandfather. 
He stands as a witness of Christ at all times, in all things, and in all places. 

He has a warm sense of humor. Everyone who has associated with him knows it. 
He is full of energy and wit. His unique sense of humor is always apparent. 

His optimism and joy stems from his great faith
 in the gospel and Savior, Jesus Christ. 
He has spent years serving in bishoprics, temple presidencies, 
and as a sealer in the Cardston temple. 
His unfailing faith in Heavenly Father and his plan, 
has shaped him and his testimony. 

Pumpa you are such a giant--- a giant of knowledge, 
of faith, of love, of testimony, of compassion. 
I cannot adequately express how grateful I am for your example in my life. 
I love you so much and thank you for all the many
 things you have taught me throughout my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment