Saturday, June 23, 2012

One choice can transform you---or destroy you.


After reading the Hunger Games, I was having a huge hangover for another 
fast paced, young adult, dystpoian type novel. 
Luckily I have a 17 year old sister. 
She quickly referred me to the book Divergent by Veronica Roth.
 If you love Hunger Games and haven't read Divergent already I must ask...what is wrong with you!?

Anyways, Insurgent is the second book of the series, and I must say that I loved it.
(even a smidge more than I enjoyed the first book, if that is even possible).
We are talking action, cliffhangers, tension,  power struggles, drama, love triangles---
 I mean seriously, what else could you ask for in a good young adult novel?

I loved how the book picked up right where the second book left off. 
I love the growth the characters make--- both positive and negative. 
When it comes down to it... after an action packed 500+ pages...
I'm dying for book 3. 

Anyways, if you were like me after reading the Hunger Games and feeling a huge void,
Go read the Divergent series. 
Veronica Roth has already been acclaimed by NEW YORK TIMES BEST SELLING AUTHOR. 
The books are fantastic and you will love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment