Monday, February 18, 2013

A Gift of Love: Chevron Afghan




Since my mother-in-law is pretty much the homemaking woman of the year, 
she decided to start a new tradition of making an afghan for each newly married couple in the family. 
Even though we were married years ago, she offered to still make Brett and I an afghan (since I LOVE them).
She just finished up our chevron afghan, and I have to say...
I AM OBSESSED.
Everything about it screams me.
Simple navy and white colors.
Funky chevron pattern.
Warm and cozy.
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.

I can't express how grateful I am for Michelle's sweet gift. 
I know that it was made with love and is something we will always cherish.
Isn't it adorable? Seriously- she is superwoman.

I thought I would post the instructions for the afghan, since it is so dang adorable. 

Chevron Afghan Instructions:
Hook size: I
Yarn: Navy and White
Row 1: With white, ch 183. (To make bigger work in multiples of 14)
Row 2: Sc in second st from hook, * Sc in each of next 14 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in each of next 14 ch, sk 1 ch, repeat from * across, ending with the sk 1 st, sc in last st, ch 1, turn.
Row 3: Working in back lp of sts Throughout, sc in first sc, sk 1 sc, * sc in each of next 14 scs, 3 sc in next sc, sc in each of next 14 sts, sk 2 sts, repeat from * across, ending last repeat with sk 1 st, sc in last st, ch 1, turn.
Repeat row 3 throughout, working 8 more rows white, 10 rows of orange, 10 rows white, 10 rows red, 10 rows white, etc until you reach the length you want your blanket. You can change the width of your stripes as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment