Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Fall Y'all and I'm late to the Party!

Wonderful Rhoda from Southern Hospitality is hosting a "It's Fall, Y'all" Fall Decorating party and I am sooooooooooo late to the party. I had technical difficulties (my Internet went out) and I had my party dress all ready to go and I just had to sit here...frustrated *sigh*.

But now my link to the world is back up and running and so here's the little bit of decorating that I've managed to do. It's been 100 degrees and above around here so I've not been in a "fall-y" mood.

First off. . . Castanet Casi! She's my Spanish Senorita plate dancing skeleton doing a lovely flamenco. Ole!


Here she is with Mr. Pumpkin Head. I think he likes to watch her strut her stuff, considering that big ole smile he has.

And here's her sister, Tango Tome. You can tell she's a tango dancer because of the rose she's holding in her hand. Once she starts dancing she will hold that rose between her teeth! And those are some choppers huh? Ole!

My leap-frogging Scarecrows. I bought these cute little guys last year after the Halloween season and I'm so glad I remembered they were all wrapped up and hidden in my linen closet.

Here they are again making friends with Sammy Scare Crow on the mirror.

My leaf plate, a thrift store find sitting nicely in another thrift store find...a plate holder.


Same leaf plate, with a much lighter background as I turned the light on.


Leaf plate with the candles lit and the leap frogging scarecrows in the background and some pumpkins scattered here and there.

What's fall without corn stalks?

I'm going to take down the plates on either side of the mirror and put the orange and black plates up, but I need to get a couple more plate hangers.

Another view, I like the way the color of my wall looks a pretty pale yellow. In actuality my walls are white.

Night time shot with the candles all lit up.


And that's it. Just the beginning I hope. I'd like to do a table scape. But ya'll head over to Rhoda's, Ya Hear! Lot's of folks over there have done some really beautiful decorating, you'll be amazed!

Thanks for coming by and please take a button...they're free. Feel free to become a follower as well and Happy Fall, Ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment