Thursday, July 4, 2013

I Want You to Know Who He Was

Right now I'm sitting in my fathers room in the surgical ICU after surgery on him to drain blood from both sides of his brain. He's on life support and needs so much medical care and attention.

I watch these brave young people that are caring for my dad and I want to tell them who he was. I want to tell them that this is not just a sick old man that they are cleaning and checking vitals on. 




That this man was King of the Row Crop! A man that could grow any vegetable or fruit on earth just by the sheer power of his will and his intuitive knowledge of the earth and plants. I want to tell them ...I want to tell them, do you know who he was?

There is a quote from the movie with Richard Gere called Shall we Dance where the wife says, "We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'." 




 I am a witness to your life dad. I know who you were. I know who you are. I know what you mean to me and to my siblings and to your grandchildren. Your life will not and did not go unnoticed. Get better daddy, I love you and need you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment