Monday, July 29, 2013



LIFE IN THE MAKING: 26 WEEKS
Two things I am feeling at this very moment - extreme gratitude and a little fear.
I am now 26 weeks - 6.5 months pregnant.
Weeks 24-26 have been my biggest growth spurt yet.
I know, I think I look further along than I actually am. 

I absolutely love feeling him move.
I feel like I am  starting to understand his little personality.
He already has a little sass to him - wonder where that comes from... hmmm.
He tends to kick the most on my upper left hand side.
I am loving having a "popped" belly
but starting to understand what it means to be "uncomfortable."
It seems like the pains are coming in waves.

I have now moved on to craving more of the sweets.
Poor guy already has a sweet tooth like his parents.

I am working on signing up for a birthing class.
I am actually somewhat nervous about it considering I was the girl 
in health class who passed out watching, "The Miracle of Life."
Birthing class could be a real adventure for me. 

Brett is really trying to be interested in all my jabber about birthing.
I love that man.

Something about watching your belly grow almost over night gives you the real labor jitters.

The baby decisions seem to be piling up and I seem to be stalling.
Only 2.5 months left and we haven't bought a thing in preparation for the baby. 
Since my Mom {and baby consultant}
 is in another state I am having a real hard time biting the bullet on decisions.
And part of me relishes in learning about everything and taking my time.

We decided to just walk through Babies R'Us this weekend and do a little research on car seats and strollers.
Oh if you could have seen the pair of us...
We were both breaking a massive sweat trying to figure out how to close a stroller...
then cheering for joy when we finally figured it out...
then putting the car seat in backwards in the stroller...
then dropping the car seat...
Oh yes. Our poor child.
I can only imagine the thoughts going through people's heads as they watched us struggle. 
Hopefully we will figure it all out before he gets here.
Fingers crossed.

So with that being said...
Car seat advice?
Stroller advice? Is it worth it to get the travel pack?
Is it ok to buy a crib on craigslist?
How do you paint a crib with safe paint?
Oh my I have a lot to learn!

As I move into my third trimester I am continually reminded of how blessed I am to be here in this moment.
I know it's cliché, but we truly can't wait to meet our little bundle.

No comments:

Post a Comment